Part of reliving the whole year is being grateful for what has happened within the 365 days God gave me. Here is a run down of the highlights of my 2014.
1. First time to travel abroad with my mom and little sister. We went to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and it was fun just exploring with them. I look forward to more travels with these two loves of my life.
2. First time to climb a serious mountain. Serious, meaning it was not just a normal mountain that we used to climb in Mindoro during field work or those short hikes. It was the second highest mountain in the Philippines (officially) – Mt. Pulag in Benguet. It was so cold and challenging to climb but the ‘new’ best friend and I made it! Whew!
3. I got promoted. More responsibilities, higher pay. I’m also starting to like what I am doing and I’m also actually valuing my experience this time around. :)
4. Broke up with my boyfriend because I guess I didn’t really ‘love’ him anymore. I didn’t like the person I was with him anymore. We didn’t even talk about the break up or kept in touch, which I think is a good thing.
5. Found new love – the kind of love that feels so nice and warm. The kind where you feel loved just because you are you, and still you want to be a better person for them. The kind of love and person that I thought never existed but does. :)
6. Fell in love, got my heart broken, learned to let go, forgave, fell in love again.
7. Organized two missions (work) with flying colors, just as I prayed for. Commended by development partners and the Secretary. We look forward to becoming a better team this 2015.
8. Cut my hair the shortest ever.
9. Started writing and reading poetry.
by Lang Leav
10. Moved to a new home and I love my new room!
11. Second time for a surprise birthday party! Thank you to my sweet office mates for the English tea party. =)
12. Drove to Nasugbu, Batangas (with office friends) and Sta. Rita, Pampanga (alone). Becoming brave enough to be designated driver now.
13. Had a wonderful gatsby themed Christmas with family.
14. Joined a new office/family.
15. First office travel! To Camarines Norte and Maguindanao (of all places)! Made me appreciate the freedoms that we have and the comfortable life I have.
16. Made new close friends in the office to whom I can share problems and secrets with. They make life easier and happier. =)
17. Went to Nasugbu, Batangas for three consecutive weekends. Beach, beach, beach. =P
18. Saw Johnoy Danao like two times. Nursed a crush for a while. Haha
19. Decided to lessen cigarette smoking. Went from 5, to 3, to 2, to 1 stick a day. 2015 will be smoke free!
20. Went back to church and renewed my faith. Learned humility, trust and hope through Him who gives me strength.
Thank you Lord for 2014! This year I have learned to be humble – for my strengths, weaknesses, skills and everything about me is God’s gift, not mine but His. I learned the power of prayer and in trusting God’s perfect timing and plans for me. I look forward to 2015 and what He has in store for me.
Cheers to the new year!